Tax Support Home Page | Contact Us | About Us

Online Discussion Forum For UK Tax Professionals and Accountants

Tax Support Forum logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Mike  
#1 Posted : 11 January 2016 00:40:00(UTC)
Mike

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

All,

Good old government making life unnecessarily hard again in Jan when many accountants and tax advisers are working all hours trying to sort all the tax returns.

Tried login into my HMRC agent client records on "login on HMRC onlie services" page, which has worked till recently no problem at .gov.uk only to get this VERY stupid message:

Quote:

Your tax account

The tax account is not yet available for agents to manage their clients' tax affairs.

You can continue to use HMRC existing services for agents.

And yes you guessed it no **** link to the "existing services for agents".

How totally useless are HMRC and the Government are running online services. Why on earth change that in the middle of the January tax return season.

In case it helps you can find the "existing services for agents" with the link I have linked to the words.

I had to do a Google search to find it.

Come on Mr Osbourne sort the .Gov.uk website out.

Its January is it really necessary to screw thing up at such an important time of the tax year?

Edited by moderator 11 January 2016 01:01:51(UTC)  | Reason: typo

Sponsor
Offline Freddy  
#2 Posted : 11 January 2016 18:58:39(UTC)
Freddy

Man
United Kingdom

Mike,

The agent login page is even worse today!

I got this then tried to login as an agent on the .gov.uk website

Quote:
Sorry - agents can't use this sign in page yet
]

What a total joke!

The Government seem hell bent on making everyone's life as hard as possible

Why on earth take away the auto-redirection to the existing HMRC website login right in the middle of January. CRAZY!

Some Jobs Worth sat behind some desk in some Government Office no doubt had the brainwave to changing this in January.

Thanks for the link to the existing HMRC login that really helps me save some time until the Government can get their act together.

Thank God the Government (of any political breed) no longer runs the trains, water, telecoms etc.

Lets face it they are do doing very well at managing floods or anything else they do do eh!

Freddy
"Tax Does Not Have To Be Taxing". HMRC's old advert always makes me laugh for it's sheer stupidity...
Offline Mike  
#3 Posted : 11 January 2016 19:06:05(UTC)
Mike

United Kingdom

Freddy,

Yep crazy but if you look below the "agents cant..." message at least now they have changed it presumably today to give a link to the old login..

Quote:

Sorry - agents can't use this sign in page yet

Sign in to HMRC online services as an agent.

So it is a bit of an improvement but still crazy to change this sort of stuff right in the middle of January.

Face they don't give a damn about anyone, they don't care and just like messing things up...

Grrrrr

Mike