Tax Support Home Page | Contact Us | About Us

Online Discussion Forum For UK Tax Professionals and Accountants

Tax Support Forum logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.




Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Reggie  
#1 Posted : 05 January 2015 13:22:20(UTC)

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 05/01/2015(UTC)
Posts: 2

This was the subject of another "non residents CGT consultation" by HMRC.

In brief:

2.11 The extended CGT charge for a non-resident disposing of UK residential property will not apply to the amount of gain relating to periods prior to April 2015.The government will allow either rebasing to 5 April 2015 or a time-apportionment of the whole gain, in most cases. Individuals and companies will need to report to HMRC within 30 days of the date of completion that a disposal has been made and make a payment of the tax that is due. Where a person has an existing relationship with HMRC, they will be able to make a payment as part of their self-assessment return instead.

Full consultation conclusion is avaiable here

Next steps
1.7. Draft legislation will be published for consultation as part of the draft Finance Bill 2015. The government recognises that the extension of CGT to non-residents is a significant reform that will affect a range of people, and intends to continue to engage with stakeholders on the draft legislation and the details of how the policy will apply.

Hope you find the link helpful.

Anyone have any other useful info on this as it develops feel free to post a rely below.
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

The Tax Support Forum is aimed at UK tax professionals and accountants and it is free to participate.

No responsibility or liability whatsoever is accepted by, Tax Publications Limited or its associates or employees for any posts or comments in this discussion forum. It is meant for help and guidance only and if you are unsure of any aspects of tax we strongly recommend you seek the help of a suitably experienced and qualified professional. Remember that tax legislation changes frequently. Posts on this forum may have been superseded by later legislation or professional practice.

By using the Tax Support website you agree to using cookies. Cookies are small text files stored on your browser when you use websites and applications.

You can control how websites use cookies by configuring the privacy settings within your browser. See your browser help section for more information about cookie controls.

Note that if you disable cookies entirely parts of this website may not function properly.
Privacy Policy - Read more

© 2015 | All Copyright Reserved - A Tax Publications Website