Tax Support Home Page | Contact Us | About Us

Online Discussion Forum For UK Tax Professionals and Accountants

Tax Support Forum logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline LeonS  
#1 Posted : 21 October 2014 18:08:21(UTC)
LeonS

Groups: Registered

Hi Anyone

I am new and training in a payroll department.

Where is the link to the P46 form for starter employees.

I know with RTI the P46 does not have to be sent to HMRC but it can still be used to get the new employee information to decide what tax code to use.

Right?

Pointers welcome it is a steep learning curve!

LeonS
Sponsor
Offline TaxWizard  
#2 Posted : 21 October 2014 18:18:04(UTC)
TaxWizard

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Hi LeonS

I hear lots of people still using P46 forms for new employees.

I guess HMRC may still accept it if asked as engaging with the new employee to get information to correctly decide on the tax code to be operated.

However HMRC has abolished the P46 and now have a "starter checklist" that replaces the P46.

I have added the link to it for you.

I have heard lots of people having trouble with Google or Bing searches for up to date P46 info hence maybe your post here?

As most of HMRC's website information is migrating to the www.gov.uk a usual link for you to the employer section and information about employing people section of the Gov.uk website

A good place to brush up on your basic payroll knowledge and information.

Hope that all helps get you started at least.

You certainly need to make sure you keep bang up to date under RTI!

TaxWizard