Tax Support Home Page | Contact Us | About Us

Online Discussion Forum For UK Tax Professionals and Accountants

Tax Support Forum logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.




Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline admin  
#1 Posted : 02 April 2014 00:59:48(UTC)

Rank: Administration

Groups: Administrators
Joined: 27/03/2014(UTC)
Posts: 19
United Kingdom

The simplest way these days is to log into HMRC online services and view the clients Corporation Tax record online.

Within each accounting period is now stated the unique payment reference required by clients to pay the corporation tax for a particular accounting period.

Easy to "cut (Ctrl C) and paste (Ctrl V)" into an email to the client. Hey presto!

Why not then direct them to to payment so they get an instance payment reference.

I often tell clients to print the receipt page and put my email address in the address to email the receipt then we both know payment has been made and have the payment reference if needed.

I save the payment reference to my client folder too actually but then I operate an almost paperless office thanks to a nifty bit of software if you are aiming at a paperless office. Love it!

The last few digits increment by 1 each year.

If you don't have the paper reminder from HMRC (which I usually scan to a clients folder to make it quick and easy to find!) then online is now a great place to find this relantively quickly.

Edited by user 02 April 2014 01:01:19(UTC)  | Reason: spelling!

Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

The Tax Support Forum is aimed at UK tax professionals and accountants and it is free to participate.

No responsibility or liability whatsoever is accepted by, Tax Publications Limited or its associates or employees for any posts or comments in this discussion forum. It is meant for help and guidance only and if you are unsure of any aspects of tax we strongly recommend you seek the help of a suitably experienced and qualified professional. Remember that tax legislation changes frequently. Posts on this forum may have been superseded by later legislation or professional practice.

By using the Tax Support website you agree to using cookies. Cookies are small text files stored on your browser when you use websites and applications.

You can control how websites use cookies by configuring the privacy settings within your browser. See your browser help section for more information about cookie controls.

Note that if you disable cookies entirely parts of this website may not function properly.
Privacy Policy - Read more

© 2015 | All Copyright Reserved - A Tax Publications Website